What can I say, the tour is over. Jetlag is taking it's toll on both Tan & I, Tan more though. We're having to resume a normal life, catching up on three months worth of mail, sorting out lawn and gardens, thinking about going back to work. As much as we were homesick and looking forward to coming back, reality is a little less desirable. No more amazing sights and something new every day.
It has been a great privilege to see and experience all that we have over the last few months. We've enjoyed watching the kids become more adventurous, taking on challenges that they wouldn't have before. We're going to have so many great memories of our time together. The hard times and difficulties are already starting to fade.
Of course thanks to all of Tan's months of hard work planning and organising there really were no organisational difficulties. Everything went according to her well laid plans. I'm sure there might be things we would do differently if we had the time over again but there's certainly no complaints.
Thank you to everyone for their feedback and encouragement for this blog. You spurred me on all those times when I didn't get to the computer until everyone else was in bed and all I wanted to do was sleep as well. We wouldn't have had our thoughts and pictures so well organised otherwise. I'm pleased so many people enjoyed following our adventure online and we're looking forward to catching up with you in person soon.
Hi Graeme,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your blog over the past few months. It sounds like you guys had an awesome time!
Vera Atha
You're right! Getting back to real life....but boy is it good to have you guys home again!!! ;)
ReplyDelete